Sunday, April 20, 2008

Expelled under Attack

Ben Stein, the star of the movie, also makes it clear that no one will shut him up.

“I came to this project unsure what I would find. I am now amazed at the intolerance of many academic elites. I feel that it is my mission to speak out on behalf of targeted dissenters and fight for their freedom of speech and freedom of inquiry.”

Even before its April 18 release nationwide, Ben Stein's movie has triggered heated reactions from both sides of the debate between religion and science.

Atheists are “crashing” EXPELLED screenings and conference calls; critics are slamming it; and leaders are raving about it. EXPELLED screenings for legislators in Florida and Missouri are causing political firestorms and driving “Academic Freedom” bills that challenge Darwinism.

The controversy has made “Expelled” one of the most talked about movies of 2008.

Read the full article here.
If you have seen the film please leave either a comment or link to your review! I would really like to hear what you think!
 

No comments: