Thursday, January 3, 2008

Veggies in hot water!

I just finished reading the story of how Big Idea/Veggie Tales came to an end...."What!!?, its gone!?!?" well not entirely but yes. ;)

More accurately, this is the journey of Phil Vischer the founder of Veggie Tales and his struggle to keep the company floating. How did Phil go from attracting artists from Dreamweavers and bringing in millions of $, to one day sitting in bankruptcy court waiting for the jury to either save or sink his company? You'll have to read the story.

This is a must read for filmmakers, business people, and just anyone who has ever struggled with wondering why God allows difficulties to happen..

I think we all face times in our life when everything is going wrong, and we wonder "God, I thought this was what I was supposed to do."

I have learned a lot from reading this. It will be well worth your time.

Read it here.
 

2 comments:

Scottie Moser said...

Wow. I read all 11 parts, and found it informative, saddening, and also inspiring.

Wow.

Oddly enough, the decisions he made sound so much like the decisions I would have made if I'd been in his shoes.

Man, when you have the weight of an entire company on your shoulders....

Kind of a warning call to those of us looking to start our own productions. Do we really know what we're getting into? Are we qualified and capable? And, most importantly, do we believe that we're in it for God, or that God's in it for us? It's up to Him whether we make it or break it — are we okay with that?

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I also read it all and kind of am speechless..thanks for posting about this..