Friday, April 10, 2009

CJ Powers on Screenwriting

CJ Powers is a seasoned professional in the film making industry and Nathaniel Bluedorn has posted a Q&A/interview with him on ChristianFilmmakers.org.

"During grade school my dad let me use the family equipment to shoot short stories and I caught the bug. I wrote and directed my first professional television commercial at age 18. By 19 my first documentary aired nationally on CBS." ~CJ Powers

This is a really good article for anyone who is or aspires to be a writer.
One of the questions that I found really interesting was this, - "You told me recently that Christian films are often bad because they lack expertise in the crafts of writing, directing and editing. You said it takes 10,000 hours of practise to be a top contender, while most Christians spend less than 2,000 hours at their craft. Could you explain more about this?"

Read the article here!
 

No comments: